Clique Here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A tiny startup community focused on life and productivity, and eliminating the sense of alone-ness many of us find ourselves feeling.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Book Talk] What are you currently reading?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Myrrhmaid
Admin
Myrrhmaid

Female Posts : 15
Pisces

[Book Talk] What are you currently reading? Empty
PostSubject: [Book Talk] What are you currently reading?   [Book Talk] What are you currently reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 4:13 pm

I wanna know what books you're reading,
what you think of them so far,
what they're about,
and what books you have planned next!

Gogogo!

I was reading this book called Ishmael that I borrowed from the Library ages ago (oops) and should probably finish it before I move!!

On my to-read list are these!

• The Celestial Railroad - Nathaniel Hawthorne
  • The Persian Boy - Mary Renault
  • Walden - Thoreau

and others in a more broad mental queue that I will get to eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://pr1ncess-p1sces.tumblr.com
Myuki
Global Moderator
Myuki

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: [Book Talk] What are you currently reading?   [Book Talk] What are you currently reading? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:21 pm

Ahh, I haven't been doing a lot of reading recently, but I've got a stack of books that I need to get to.

I just finished reading the Divergent series and really enjoyed it a lot. Surprisingly the second book was my favourite, even though trilogies seem to sort've "sag" in the middle books - I actually think Insurgent was my favourite of the three.
I have also read The Cure For Dreaming by Cat Winters a second time around in the past month, and it has easily climbed the ranks into one of my favourite books. Very feminist and awesome and I would recommend it to anyone, honestly. It's got just the right amount of paranormal, but also some romance, and some family drama, and of course, feminism (which is what the book is based around - women's suffrage in the 1900s). So definitely pick it up and read it if you get a chance!
Back to top Go down
shakethesilence
Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 13
Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: [Book Talk] What are you currently reading?   [Book Talk] What are you currently reading? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 10:15 am

What's this "reading" you youngins talking about?

Err.. I was reading a book, called "Deliver us from evil" but I kinda got side tracked with my fitness book and magazines Sad

I do want to read the books my sister is hogging tho!
Back to top Go down
Myrrhmaid
Admin
Myrrhmaid

Female Posts : 15
Pisces

PostSubject: Re: [Book Talk] What are you currently reading?   [Book Talk] What are you currently reading? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 11:17 am

@Myuki
The cure for dreaming sounds soooo good I'm gonna add it to my mental queue!!! And maybe my fore-front to-read list.
Which one is the Divergent series? And whats it about? o:

@shakethesilence
What's Deliver Us From Evil about?
Fitness stuff counts too. Sometimes I've got lifestyle books lying around. I found this old "how to make friends" book for teen girls.... sounds pretty dated right? but with my issues I feel like maybe it could be beneficial to me on some level. xD
What books does your sister have hogged?
Back to top Go down
http://pr1ncess-p1sces.tumblr.com
Myuki
Global Moderator
Myuki

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: [Book Talk] What are you currently reading?   [Book Talk] What are you currently reading? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 5:48 pm

The series is another YA dystopian novel series, basically. The world is split into factions and each faction has one trait that they value above all the others (Dauntless is bravery, Abnegation is selflessness, Erudite is intelligence, Amity is peace, and Candor is honesty). The story starts with the main character, Tris, on her "choosing day" which is the day you choose the faction you want to spend the rest of your life in, and it follows her through that. But then she also finds out about a huge political problem and how basically the whole system is wrecked and why she is one of the few people who is able to help fix it. It's really good!
Back to top Go down
shakethesilence
Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 13
Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: [Book Talk] What are you currently reading?   [Book Talk] What are you currently reading? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 10:07 am

It's a book about a cops journey into the world of exorcism (he somehow gets dragged into it). It's based on the cops true experience,supposedly. I got into it (only read a few chapters) but yeah... xD
I need that book. I need friends xD well, genuine ones at least. I only got a handful of those. The rest will stab you for a penny if it benefits them.
Don't know the names of them :/. Just by what she tells me, they are very good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Book Talk] What are you currently reading?   [Book Talk] What are you currently reading? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Book Talk] What are you currently reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clique Here! :: Discussion :: General-
Jump to: